Purpose: The Kraemer Library and Community Center Volunteer Services Program supplements the efforts of paid library staff to provide quality library services and programs and serves as a method for area residents to become familiar with the library.
1. A volunteer is a person who performs tasks for the Kraemer Library without wages, benefits or compensation (including travel expenses) of any kind. This includes members of boards such as the Board of Trustees and Friends of the Kraemer Library Board. There are also service volunteers, who work for the Library and function in ways similar to staff.
2. Service volunteers are considered to be “at-will” employees and, as representatives of the library, shall follow the same work and behavior codes as paid staff.
3. The Village of Plain does not provide worker’s compensation or automobile insurance coverage for volunteers.
4. Service volunteers who work on a regular basis will fill out volunteer information registration forms that will be kept on file in the Library.
5. Minor children may only work as volunteers with the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
6. Annual recognition will be given to volunteers who have completed a minimum of fifty (50) hours of service during a calendar year. This recognition will include a listing of volunteer names in a newspaper release, a certificate of appreciation and the addition of a book to the collection in each volunteer’s name.
7. This policy will be reviewed annually and amended as necessary by the Board of Trustees and Library Staff.
Adopted April 29. 2002