Welcome to the 2022 Summer Reading Program!
Enjoy a ocean full of activities, programs, performers and reading fun all summer long.
HOW TO GET STARTED
SUMMER READING PROGRAMS
Children's Summer Reading Challenge Ages 0-12
This summer's challenge is to have readers read 2.5 hours per week. Once completed each 2.5 hours will earn readers prize tickets. These tickets can then be entered into their choice of 6 Themed Grand Prizes. Small prize incentives can also be earned every 5 hours read from our Treasure chest of goodies.
1) Beach Fun Prize Pack
- Beach tent, Sand Toys & Octopus Kites.
2) Water Game Prize Pack
- Twister Splash, Crocodile dentist sprinkler, & reusable water balloons.
3) Pirate Prize Pack
- Lego Pirate ship, Risk JR, & pirate card game.
4) Mermaid/ Narwhal Prize Pack
- Mermaid tail blanket, jewel art & Squshmellow ocean friends.
5) Pool Fun Prize Pack
- Pool Football, dive toys & narwhal float
6) Fishing Prize Pack
- First fishing tackle box toy and fishing interactive board book
Note: All Grand Prize drawings will be selected at that the end of the Summer Reading on August 13th.
Teen Summer Reading Challenge Ages 12-18
This summer's challenge is to have readers read 10 books this summer. Once each book is completed readers will earn prize tickets. These tickets can then be entered into their choice of 3 Grand Prizes drawn at the end of the summer.
1) Hydro Flask and Ocean Stickers
2) Inflatable Lounger
3) Super Soaker
Adult Summer Reading Challenge
This summer's challenge is to have adult readers read and submit reviews this summer. Once each book is completed readers write a review that will earn prize tickets. These tickets can then be entered into a Grand Prizes drawn at the end of the summer. Paper logs also available at library.
Submit your reviews on Beanstack or by paper to the library. (Max of 10)
* All tickets must be entered on Beanstack or by staff by August 13th to be entered*
*Note: Some programs require sign-ups or are limited attendance. See library on Facebook for updates.