The Board of Trustees and Staff of the Kraemer Library and Community Center encourage wide use of the community room space. As a service, the community room is available for use, free of charge, by library or library related groups, governmental and educational agencies, community service agencies, local businesses and individuals provided the use is informational, not commercial. Only the Kraemer Library or Friends of the Kraemer library may sponsor fundraising activities. Use of the library meeting rooms does not imply endorsement by the library staff or Trustees of the viewpoints presented.
Please read the Community Center policy carefully before requesting the room. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to providing your group with a pleasant meeting place.
Community Center Policy
- The community room is available on a first come basis. Library programs take precedence over all other use.
- No single group may have more than three (3) meetings reserved in advance.
- Seating capacity of 125 persons must be observed.
- The use of the community room by a non-library group shall not be publicized as to imply Library sponsorship unless the activity is being co-sponsored by the library.
- Each group is responsible for setting up the room and restoring it to its original condition after the meeting. A vacuum cleaner is available for cleanup.
- Groups are responsible for transporting, setting up, and operating their own equipment. The Library Board and Staff are not responsible for any equipment, or other accessory items left in the community room. Items left for 30 days may be disposed of in a manner deemed appropriate by the Library Director/Board.
- Limited audiovisual equipment is available for use during meetings. Groups accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of damaged or missing equipment.
- The kitchen cannot accommodate food preparation, storage, or cooking. Groups must supply their own serving dishes, utensils, trays, and related items. No refreshments are permitted in other areas of the library.
- A “No Smoking” rule is strictly enforced.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted, except in specifically approved library events.
- Notice of cancellation of a meeting should be given to the Library Staff at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting time. Even in inclement weather, when 48-hour notice is not possible, the Library should be notified of cancellations. It is also recommended that groups contact the Library in inclement weather to be sure it is open. Failure to show for a scheduled meeting/event without 48 hour prior notice of cancellation will result in loss of future use of the Community Room.
- Meetings must be conducted so as not to disturb others using the library. Groups who disturb library activity or library users may be denied future use of the community room. Users must provide adequate supervisors and chaperones to satisfy library administration and staff that the event will be controlled.
- Adults must be present at a meeting and assume responsibility for children in their group.
- Children must not be left unattended in the library while caregivers attend meetings.
- Groups meeting in the community room are not permitted to tack, tape, or post any signs or materials on community room doors, walls, or elsewhere in the library. A bulletin board is available for posting events, common notices, etc. with approval of library staff.
- Groups may not transfer the use of the room to other groups.
- Except in cases of emergency, messages cannot be conveyed to community room guests by library staff.
- The Kraemer Library and Community Center is wheelchair accessible. Groups using the community room agree to meet ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements and provide requested accommodations to meetings and programs. The agreement to provide accommodations is to be included in the publicity or notices for each meeting or program.
- Failure to abide by these rules for the community room use may be justification for denying the group future use of the room.
- In addition to the sponsoring group, the adult representative of the group who signs the application agrees to assume responsibility for the group’s adherence to the rules and any damages to the facility or equipment which may occur as a result of the group’s use.
- The library is not liable for injuries to people, damage to, or loss of property belonging to individuals or groups using the community room. Whenever personal injury or loss/damage to property occurs in connection with use of the community room, the incident must be reported to the staff member in charge of the library and an incident report must be completed.
To request use of the community room:
- You must be 18 years of age.
- Room must be reserved in advance with the Library Director. Reservations can be made up to one year in advance ion person or by telephone, but no reservations is finalized until a signed application form is completed within 72 hours.
- The community room is available between 7 a.m.. and 10 p.m.. Groups using the room during non-library hours need to make arrangements in advance with the librarian.
COMMUNITY ROOM FEES
Residents of the Plain Fire Protection District, library or library related groups, governmental and educational agencies, community service agencies, local businesses, and governmental bodies may use the room free of charge. Groups using the Community Room for family parties and celebrations are strongly encouraged to make a donation keeping in mind the cost to book a similar venue in the area.
If you are not a resident of the Plain Fire and Protection District, a fee of $50.00 applies
If you are using the room on a “For Profit” basis a $50.00 fee also applies with a maximum fee of $75.00 for non-resident/for profits.
The community room policy will be reviewed annually and amended as necessary by the Library Board and Staff.
Adopted: February 27, 2012
The Board of Trustees amended #10 on December 30, 2013
The Board of Trustees revised on March 28, 2016